Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yeah... I'll read this profile

I find these profiles most interesting:

Have a photo of yourself!  Admit it, we all do it. What is the saying? Within the first few minutes the interviewer knows if he/she wants to hire you.  Well, it's pretty much the same for photos.  You can get a little idea, at least, of how they carry themselves, care about their appearance, etc...   Here is a hint though... Don't post a photo of you with a date, even if her face has a big yellow smiley face posted on it.

Post one or two photos of you doing something you enjoy. I admit, part of the attraction to photos is that photography is a hobby of mine.

The online sites usually have little areas to ask about your interest, tell a little about yourself, etc... At least put something in these blanks.  I'm not thrilled about writing a lot about myself, but I do put enough information to let people know some of my interests.  There are some really creative people that do write what they enjoy.  So you like to paint, but you haven't finished a painting in months (and you post the unfinished painting). What kind of books do you like to read? Movies?  Get the picture?  People want to get just a little bit of what you like.  You don't have to go overboard and write a dissertation though.

Write about your strong points and things that really make you enjoy your life.  On the other hand, writing about what a great kisser you are, isn't something I want to read about in your profile.  I don't want to hear about all of the other women in your past either.  I'm spiritual and my faith is important to me, but there are dating sites for those that write Biblical verses all through their profile.

Keep your profile positive.... So you may be lonely and frustrated with your life.  You certainly don't want to put that in your profile.  "Lonely and frustrated man looking for a woman" screams "I'm desperate" among other things if you read between the lines.  The more you act and show that you have positive thoughts, the more people will consider your profile.  I know that I have had a few laughs at the humor of some profiles. Can one copyright a profile?

I saw a photo today of a guy in an apron with dogs on it!  He said it was taken at a store which made it even more humorous for me.  I really giggled at that one and thought: "that guy really does have a sense of humor"!

Be truthful.... so you are a stripper instead of an computer geek... write it!  (This happened to a friend of mine).  You never know, someone may be looking for a stripper.  The previous comment does not reflect what the writer (me) is looking for as a profession on profiles... well not the stripper anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment